Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Little Pickup

Danielle, over at D-Dazzled Designs is hosting Tangled Up In Creativity's challenge this week. She challenged us to:-

1. Create a card using the colour 'Pacific Point' blue by Stampin' Up!
2. Make it suitable for a male recipient
3. Incorporate ribbon or the look of ribbon into your design.

This challenge was perfect timing because I needed a masculine "Thinking of You" card for a family friend in Australia who is having surgery this week...I want something to be waiting for him when he gets home from hospital in a couple of weeks. I decided to use stamps from the SU set Loads of Love and while I was looking through my patterned papers I came across this one from SU and it reminded me of tire tracks so I cut strips of it to use in place of ribbon.

And here's my card...

Supplies:-
Stamps - Loads of Love by SU
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance ink
SU coloured cardstock
SU DSP
SU markers
Aquapainter
Color Box Chalk
Foam dots

10 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely terrific. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment with this fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative - I love your design!

    I hope your friend indeed feels better after getting this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set and absolutely love your tyre track ribbon. This card is great and it definetly meets all the requirements of the challenge and I am sure your friend here in Australia will love it too. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute!!! And it really DOES look like tire tracks. Perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Christy! Love that little truck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Christy!! What an adorable masculine design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the patterned paper Christy. You did a great job on colouring the truck and I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! What a great idea to do with that paper.

    ReplyDelete