Thursday, January 20, 2011

i love you...

I am part of a wonderful Blog Group called Tangled Up in Creativity and now that the new year is underway it's time to get our blog groups challenges underway and we have two this month. Today's card is for Molly's challenge over at Miss Molly's Creations and it's open for everyone! She has challenged us to find something we were given for Christmas that inspires our creativity - take a picture and make a card with that inspiration.

Here is the photo of the gift I was given by my husband. It's a little Swarovski crystal brooch. Something you probably didn't know about me was that I love archery and shoot every week with my family and compete once a month. I've placed the pin on my black quiver (which holds my arrows).

Here is my card...inspired by my black quiver and of course the gold and crystals! It didn't photograph very well but the coloured crystals are red, green and blue. I did discover that if you colour your rhinestones with Copics they still sparkle! Another reason to love my Copics!

Supplies:-
Stamps - Unity KOTM September 2010, Big Heart by Hero Arts and Regal Greetings by Ippity
SU coloured cardstock
Versamark ink
Gold embossing powder
SU rhinestones
Copics
Foam dots

9 comments:

  1. Wow Christy, I'm impressed a competing archer. How awesome. Love your pin and the card is fabulous. The black is just so dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful interpretation of your gift. I love the sentiment you have chosen too, Christy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many talents! This card is an elegant match for that beautiful pin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O-M-Goodness this is fabulous Christy. I love how you did this in black, so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a suprise Christy! How fun to spend time with your family and do something you love! Great inspiration...and the card turned out perfect!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!! What an amazing creation, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pin you received and your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeouos gift from your husband and what gorgeous inspiration. I absolutely love the gold and all the bling on your card. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First Christy, what a beautiful pin your husband gave to you and secondly, you did a fantastic job of recreating the look and feel of the pin with all its glitter and bling.

    ReplyDelete