Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm back!

Sorry I've been gone for so long. We got hit with a big snowstorm on the 29th of October and did not have power for nearly a week. The storm has left a huge mess including a 70 foot red oak tree on our house. Thankfully we are all fine. We are still not sure of the full extent of the damage to our house but are trying to be patient as we wait for the experts to come and give us a quote. There are trees down all over the state so it might be a while!


Things are slowly getting back to normal (whatever that is) and I will hopefully get around to posting a card for you all tomorrow.


Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks be that you are all ok! It must have been such a fright when the tree fell. Good to see that you've got your priorities right and will be back making cards asap lol
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I work in a town that was hit by tornado strength straight line winds similar to a hurricane this summer. You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness y'all are alright! Terrifying I'm sure.
    Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering how you've been making out. Glad to know things are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are fine! What a freak storm it was. I hope it isn't a precursor for the rest of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to hear you and your family are all okay Christy. I can only imagine how scary a tree of this size falling on your house must be. Hopefully the damage isn't too extensive and its fixed and you are back to normal soon. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy, I am so glad that you are all safe.We live with VERY large tres on our perimeter and it always something we think of when the thunderstorms roar through. I hope it all gets fixed for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete