Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ladybugs!

Here's another fairy I told you about the other day...I had fun colouring them in all different colour combinations!

I learnt recently that the Ladybug is the state insect of New Hampshire...we certainly see alot here! What some of you may not know is that in Australia we call them Ladybirds which is much prettier than their real name Coccinellidae! I smile every time I see one as they are so cute and where I was living in Australia we didn't see them very often. Here in NH they are considered a pest and a nuisance and travel in huge numbers...to me they will always be the Ladybird!

Supplies:- You're Fairy Sweet by Pink Cat Studios, PTI white cardstock, Brilliance ink, Copics, DP unknown, SU coloured, Nestabilities, rhinestones, ribbon and foam dots.

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet image and the colors you used are so cheerful. Wonderful card Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable ladybug fairy!! What a sweet image, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, love this adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to see a ladybird and indeed a bee.These little creatures seem under threat here in Australia, right now.
    Your sweet little red one with the fairy friend will have to do today Christy. She is seriously cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image! I love the multiple ribbons too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Ladybugs too, this is a sweet image and your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sweet fairies are so adorable Christy and I just love the cute lady bird and her guardian fairy today. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete