Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I decided to start the year off with a challenge card....I got so busy towards the end of last year that I just didn't have any time to participate in any card challenges so here's my first for 2012. My card is made with this week's Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps sketch #102. The stripes and the word 'love' are made with a shiny gold cardstock.



I wish you all a wonderful 2012 full of blessings.....and lots of spare time to make cards! : )


Supplies:- Cricuit "Beyond Birthdays", SU coloured cardstock, foam dots and scrap DP.

13 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I love how you made that heart with the designer paper. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work with this wonderful designer paper! So perfect for the challenge, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card...so soft...great colors! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and great card..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and I love those colors together!
    Hope you have a wonderful new year!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very soft and pretty and I love the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely DSP and the color combo is terrific! Nice job with the OWh sketch. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous challenge to kick of the New Year with Christy! I love the colours you have chosen and you had the perfect background paper for a love/heart card. Happy New Year, I so look forward to spending part of it admiring your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, I love the gold with the pretty pink DP. Hope you have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card! I really like how you cut the heart from the dsp for embellishment! Have a fantastic 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - love the swirly paper and sentiment together. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty card - love the swirls in the background paper thanks for participating - time to get back to card making in 2012 is my philosophy also.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Christy! Love the big gold sentiment. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete