Monday, January 25, 2010

A little about me....

I honestly thought I would never have my own blog and here I am typing my very first entry. What a great place to share all my creations. I have been stamping for over 25 years and it all started when a friend of my mothers gave me an old box of rubber stamps that she used for teaching Sunday School. I loved that box of stamps and have been stamping ever since. I remember stamping and embossing all my wedding invitations with my Mum....17 years ago. I grew up in Australia and at the time we had not heard of an embossing gun so we embossed all the invitations over the element on the stove....and burnt a few in the process!

After graduating University with a Teaching Degree I moved to the Australian Outback to teach which is where I met my American husband and had both my lovely children. We lived there for 13 years and then moved to the US at the beginning of 2005. It’s been a huge adjustment for me but being able to create in my craft room has kept me sane. I have friends and family scattered all over the world and I love sending them my handmade cards.....it’s like sending them a little piece of me. I recently discovered Operation Write Home that collects handmade cards to send to the troops overseas so they can send cards to their loved ones. I love being able to donate my cards to this wonderful cause because I know how much it means to send them.

For my first post I thought I would share a card I made for Australia Day this year which is celebrated every year in Australia on the 26th of January. Happy Australia Day to all my Aussie family and friends!


Supplies:-
Stamps - Print Blocks, Australia
Georgia Pacific and SU cardstock
SU inks
Color Box Chalks
Versamark Watermark stamp pad
Copic Multiliner SP

1 comment: