Friday, July 22, 2011

Floral Friday

It's hard to believe that I am nearly finished with my Floral Design course...it's been very interesting learning about all the different styles of design and also different flowers and foliage that I wouldn't normally reach for. Today's arrangement is my Interpretive Landscape flower arrangement using Gerbera Daisies, Ornithogalum, Hypericum, Curly Willow, Ivy, Galax and Pittosporum. I needed to include a treasure in my design so I used a little bird's nest I found a few weeks ago while mowing my grass. Its hard to see in the photo but there is a little bird ornament in the nest too.

6 comments:

  1. This arrangement is beautiful! I love the colors, you never can go wrong with Gerber Daisies. They are such happy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a adorable little nest you found, it is the perfect treasure for this beautiful gerber display. Does this mean the end of us seeing your beautiful Floral Friday Creations? It really is one of the highlights of my week, checking in to see your beautiful arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely striking Christy. Gorgeous combination of flowers. Love the Gerbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Christy. I really like the little bird's nest. It fits in so wonderful with the rest of your amazing floral arrangement. I love Gerber Daisies but never seem to get them to grow. I don't have a green thumb, it's more black than green

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous creation, Christy!! A truly sensational design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful arrangement Christy. I love the nest and bird addition.
    I hope you enjoyed your course because out here in blogsvile we have enjoyed seeing what you create each week.

    ReplyDelete