Friday, July 29, 2011

Floral Friday

I mentioned last week that I was nearly coming to the end of my Floral Design course...I still have one module left and a few more weeks of arrangements to share. Thank you to all who have left such encouraging comments...I'm so glad you've enjoyed me sharing my arrangements with you each week.

Today's arrangement is a Formal Linear arrangement which is not my favourite to design but today's has special meaning. I had to include a 'treasure' in this design too so I chose a little mosaic ball that my Mum recently made for me and if you look closely at it you will see Australia on it. It's sitting on a frame made out of Equisetum (Snake Grass) and raffia. The little Australia is made out of different shades of orange and green glass to depict the outback (where I use to live) and tropical coast (where my Mum lives) and I used the orange in my design in the Gerbera Daisies and Cymbidium Orchards. The little yellow flower you see is Kangaroo Paw to tie in the Orchards and Australian theme! There is a little Ming Fern and Bear Grass which always adds a little movement and whimsy to any design.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors and those Cymbidiums are one of my favorite. Your mosaic ball is gorgeous and just adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so unique. Love the glass globe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...this floral arrangement is just beautiful! Love it!! That mosaic vase/globe is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work on this exotic beauty, Christy!! Love your tiny mosaic treasure tucked in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW Christy I love this......I have just come back from Lightening Ridge so have just gotten a full taste of the vast australian outback. I love the colours and shape of this arrangement. The glass globe actually reminds me of the opals I have just been admiring.

    ReplyDelete