Friday, April 29, 2011

Floral Friday

In honour of the Royal Wedding this morning I thought I'd share my Duchess Rose with you. This composite flower was created from the petals of several fresh roses.
This next flower is also a composite flower called a Glamellia. These were very popular in the 40's and 50's and are appearing more frequently in bridal bouquets today. It is made with several Gladiola florets glued together to make a large blossom that resembles a Camellia...hence the name Glamellia!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The color of each flower is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? A glamellia? Wow how pretty yours are today Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely....I will show my inorance and say that I had no idea this could be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing and just beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Christy!! Love the salmon colored rose!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous Christy and I learnt something new cos, I wasn't aware florists made flowers by using portions of other flowers. I think I have said it before but I am really enjoying your Floral Friday Posts. :)

    ReplyDelete