Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bring Your Own Sunshine!

Rebekka over at A Diamond in the Rough is hosting a challenge this month for our blog group Tangled Up in Creativity. She challenged us to make a "Vintage Summer Time" project. As I thought about summer I longed for a sunny day which is what inspired my 'sunny' card!

Rebekka is also hosting this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge which is...Things that secure: buttons! No less than three on your card/project.

The sunshine and sentiment are much clearer in person and the sentiment reads...."Wherever you go...no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."

Supplies:-
Stamps - Quotes a'la Happy by Ippity
SU coloured cardstock
SU ink
SU lace
Buttons
DP unknown

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love that SU lace. I love the happy feeling of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what cheerfulness this card brings! Love yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card! I like the patterened paper a lot,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card-the fact that it is monochromatic really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous Summer card. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! I love yellow....so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly is a sunny and bright card Christy!The buttons and lace add such a warm feeling too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheery and warm card Christy. I am thinking that most of us probably need the sunshine now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy...what a gorgeous card! I simply love the yellow and the sun is so cute! I own this stamp set, I need to use it more. Thanks for the inspiration!! Love all the details, including the buttons and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bright and sunny design!! Awesome card, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMgoodness how cute is this!!! LOVE the sentiment and the sunny yellow! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful - love the yellow! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete