Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sending you Sunshine and Laughter

The Tangled Up in Creativity challenge this month is being hosted by Dawn over at Sunnyside Up. She has asked us to be inspired by this well known saying: "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" and we have to use ribbon, in a novel way, on our card.

I must admit I've never heard of this saying...but having spent most of my life in Australia where the seasons are the opposite of here in the US it wouldn't have much meaning in Australia where March is the end of Summer and the beginning of Autumn.

March is such an unusual weather month here in New England...one day it can be freezing, the next day warm and sunny and the next day snowing...like it is this morning! Thankfully by the end of March the weather settles down, things begin to green and get pretty which makes me very happy which is why I chose this very happy lamb for this challenge!

Supplies:-
Stamps - Lamb by Azadi Earles and sentiment from Unity KOTM December 2009
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance ink
SU coloured cardstock
DP unknown
SU markers
SU ribbon
Foam Dots

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful sweet card Christy. Love your ribbon treatment and the image itself is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that lamb!! What a darling card and I love how much movement there looks to be! Great ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this lamb Christy! So cute, and love how you used the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, this is just adorable!!! What a cute, cute image and love your card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Christy..I just think this card is so adorable and fun and playful! I really love the lamb, he is so cute and I think the use of your ribbon is creative and, oh so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness christy, this card is so perfect. I love that lamb.Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Christy for a bit of clarification. Your lamb is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have thought of using the ribbon like this Christy. Your card is just gorgeous, the little lamb is so cute. Change the sentiment and it would make a gorgeous card to welcome a baby also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, after I posted that challenge, I figured it was a US thing. And that the Aussie population would be a bit at a loss. But, as the saying goes, you learn something new every day!! Way to go. Your card is so sunny and chipper! Perfect for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome bow around this precious sheep image!! What wonderful work, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ADORABLE!! I love the bow tied around the lamb's neck.

    ReplyDelete