Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A bargain shopping day!

I went shopping a couple of weeks ago with my neighbour and found these little magnetic note holders for $1! When you go shopping do look for little things that would be great altered with stamps, pretty papers and ribbons or is it just me?

The picture on the front has some ugly dents but I knew I could make a new front and it would make a lovely gift. Unfortunately, the little matching pen didn't work so I replaced it and added some matching ribbons to dress it up a bit. The stamp reads "Some Pursue Happiness, Others Create it."

The stamp I used on the front was also found at the same discount store as the note holder and it too was only a $1! I liked it so much I had to make a card with it...in one of my favourite colour combos navy and white!

Supplies:-
Stamp - Inkadinkado
PTI white cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
SU markers
SU brads
Ribbon
Nestabilities
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Foam dots

5 comments:

  1. Just fabulous. Wonderful gifts. You really hit the jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful! And what a great "find".
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous!! I am always looking in the dollar bins, I just found a ton of rubber stamps at job lot for 1 dollar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have snapped up everyone of these in the store!! How delightful, Christy!! You certainly have created a lot of happiness, I am sure, with this sweet little gift!!

    ReplyDelete