Tuesday, November 2, 2010

With Sympathy

I decided to make a sympathy card using last week's Play Date Cafe challenge which was to use black and white with a splash of burgundy!

The little tiny scalloped edge of the burgundy cardstock was made by using my Fiskar paper edgers. I started scrapbooking 15 years ago and over the years purchased about 14 different fancy scissors by Fiskars as they were very popular back then. They have since been replaced by die cutting machines, nestabilities and guillotines with fancy blades and for many years I didn't use them. Recently, I found them in the back of my cupboard and decided to pull them out and use them...I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed using them. They are quick and easy, they have some really nice unique shapes and they can be used with all the new technology like the nestabilities die I used on this card.

Supplies:-
Stamps - Regal Greetings by Ippity
Colorbok DP
Brilliance ink
PTI white cardstock
SU marker
Fiskar paper edgers
Ribbon
SU coloured cardstock
Nestabilities
Color Box chalk
Foam dots

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Christy! I still have my paper edgers, but the only ones to use them are the kids who come create with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sympathy card, great splash of burgundy! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very suitable design for a sympathy card, lovely!
    Best wishes
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and elegant! I have lots of those scissors and use them occasionally. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful elegant sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great color combo. I tend to dislike color challenges...but I might want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, lovely design and elegant sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete