Friday, September 17, 2010

Washing on the line...

I made today's card for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge...use real or faux stitching somewhere on your card/project. I purchased this lovely stamp by Print Blocks Australia about 15 years ago but have never used it on a card...I'm not sure who I would give this to...I think it would be nice framed and given as a gift.

Growing up in Australia we always hung our clothes on the clothesline to dry but I now live in New Hampshire and I don't even own a clothesline...I guess it's not very practical for the weather here! Anyway, I thought it was the perfect image to incorporate stitching...I stamped the image twice, airbrushed one with Copics and coloured the details on the other before cutting them out and gluing them onto the airbrushed one...I would normally mask the details before airbrushing but those little chickens would have been very fiddly...I nearly lost one cutting them out!

Supplies:-
Stamp - Print Blocks Australia
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance ink
Copics

9 comments:

  1. Hi Christy!

    This one is just tooo cute! Love the way you made this card! Oeh, don't you miss the Australian weather then? Must be hard sometimes... Good thing you didn't cut out the chickens, don't want to loose any, they are so sweet! Love the background!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Wonderful card. Sentiment is perfect for the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet, what a great stamp! The sentiment is perfect for the image and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Love everything.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment, I just love this..Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing is great on this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love this image and sentiment! Great job with your air brushing, and your sewing rocks! Perfect card for the challenge :) Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous!! Awesome work, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!! Really cute too.

    ReplyDelete