Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Delight Yourself in the Lord

This week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge is to use stripes on your card/project. Last week I received a lovely package from my Mum in Australia for my birthday which included some lovely brads and buttons and the brads are perfect for this challenge so I made this card to go with the lovely fabric covered, stripey brad! I paper pieced the background to match the brad.

Supplies:-
Stamps - Devoted by Ippity
PTI white cardstock
SU ink
SU coloured cardstock
SU ribbon
Francheville brad
Foam Dots
Nestabilities
SU scallop border punch

7 comments:

  1. Love the strips. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love the strips and love those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! love the bold stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, love the shade of pink that you have used.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christy - what a pretty card for this weeks SSIC challenge! Your striped DP and brad are perfect! I love the scripture and those Nesties!! Totally gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just delightful, Christy! I love the brad. It is so fun to make an entire card around one little thing isn't it. Thank you for sharing your art with us at SSCC this week. BTW, I loved reading about you blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh Christy this is gorgeous!!! I love this verse and the font! Love the fun stripes and great pink white combo! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete