Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Friend Loves at all Times

Today's card was a bit of a challenge for me. I've often seen colour challenges for card making online but never participated so for this card I sort of set one for myself. I received this gorgeous bouquet of Peruvian Lilies for Valentine's Day from my husband and as they have bloomed all week they displayed an amazing colour palette that intrigued me.

Firstly, I matched my Stampin' Up cardstock to the flowers and came up with Garden Green, Rose Red, Pixie Pink, Summer Sun, Ruby Red and Tangerine Tango. I don't usually make cards with so many colours so I knew this was going to be a challenge right from the start!
Next, I went on the search for a flower stamp.....now I own alot of stamps from having stamped for so many years but not so many with flowers but I did find one in Unity's KOTM club June 2009 and thought it went nicely with the sentiment from Unity's Something Within Set which is the bible verse from Proverbs 17:17.

I coloured the stamps directly with matching SU markers and stamped the images. I then dug out the matching cardstock and tried every combination under the sun to get them to work together! Some people have a real knack for using many different colours together....me not so much....I like to make things with perhaps two or three colours and actually prefer a monochromatic colour scheme but NOT six! It was fun trying something new and in the end I was fairly happy with the result.

Supplies:-
Stamps - Unity KOTM club June 2009 and Something Within
PTI white 110lb cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
SU Markers
SU Ribbon - Rose Red

Foam Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment