Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday Blessings!

It seems like I've been doing mostly challenge cards non-stop for the last couple of weeks...having made the decision to try some new challenges this year the challenges seem to be piling up on my table. I do enjoy doing them and there are so many out there to try! I've had a little extra time during the last couple of weeks to play but I know that won't last forever! I'm really not complaining...I just hope you're not sick of seeing them!

I actually made this card for two challenges...the OWH Stars and Stamps sketch challenge and the Our Daily Bread Designs challenge. The ODBD challenge is to use something new and something old from your stash. The new was the stamps that I just received from ODBD and the old was the paper flowers and button I've had for years!


Supplies:-
Stamps - Happy Birthday by ODBD
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance ink
Imaginisce Garden Party DP
SU coloured cardstock
SU markers
Paper flowers
Button
Sizzix Beautiful Wings die
Foam dots

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderfully colored. The flower embellishment makes the image pop. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job on this challenge card - sure to catch the eye of any challenge judge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on this! Love that image and the little butterflies are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Christy this is gorgeous!!! I love what you did with this set and all the pinks are soooo pretty! LOVE this!Thanks for joining us at Our Daily Bread designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love your colors and design. So soft! This would also qualify for the Stampin Sisters in Christ "wing it" challenge. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fabulous watering can full of gorgeous spring blossoms!! What a beautiful layout and wonderful detailing for this sensational image, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this watering can, and you did a wonderful job coloring this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christy, oh my word, this is such a beautiful card!! I love your coloring of this fabulous set!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job coloring that gorgeous image! Nice choice of colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I'm ready for spring myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! the coloring on the image is fabulous! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a wonderful job with the OWH sketch, this card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Those little butterflies are the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out just perfect! The butterflies are beautiful - but the button is the perfect touch. Four years huh? LOL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd never get sick of seeing your wonderful creations Christy. Today's card is stunning I love how your colouring in and butterflies really make the watering can look 3 dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Christy, I always enjoy visiting your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Conratulations on being featured at ODBD with this card. I've been checking out your blog and now have it bookmarked.....only until I add you to my 'follow' list. Great projects that are wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete