Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wait Upon the Lord

Today's card is for three challenges...I think that is a record for me! I usually like to make a different card for each challenge I participate in but this one just seemed to come together for all three. I made it for Our Daily Bread Designs Wing It challenge, Stampin' Sisters in Christ "New" challenge and Moxie Fab World's Neutral Colour Challenge...French Vanilla, Twig and Smokey.

I love this stamp set (On Eagle's Wings) by ODBD because it has one of my all time favourite verses in it, Isaiah 40:31. The eagle is great for the wings challenge and I thought the verse was perfect for the "New" theme. What a wonderful comfort to know that when our strength is depleted if we just wait upon our Lord he will renew us with such strength that we will be able to soar like an eagle...wow!

Supplies:-
Stamps - ODBD On Eagle's Wings
SU ink
SU coloured cardstock
Silk Ribbon
SU corner punch
Foam dots

15 comments:

  1. The simplicity of this card makes it absolutely beautiful and inspirational. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about every verse is my favorite verse :).
    I love this, so soft and beautiful, gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Becky...very beautiful. Love the color combo and your bow is outstanding!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy, this is one absolutely beautiful card!! WOW!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wowzers - great job on this card - so fantastically elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy...this card is beautiful. So simple and elegant! I need you to teach me the art of tying bows like you...thats professional right there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy what an uplifting card this would be for someone to receive.
    Lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simplicity of this card is so well suited for the sentiment and is what makes it so stunning. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy I absolutely LOVE your take on the new theme!!! You took it right to where it should be! Love this set too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ and ODBD!!! We appreciate your heart and your art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Christy!! I just love that stamp set and your soft stamping paired with that gorgeous blue. Thanks for joining ODBD Shining the Light challenge and Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful card - the simplicity of it just makes it so special. I, too, love this verse! Thanks so much for joining with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! We hope you will be back for a new challenge next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Beautiful job with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Christy! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete