Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day!

Happy Australia Day and Happy Anniversary to me as I launched my blog exactly one year ago today! I remember saying to my husband how great it will be to have a record of my cards and how I'll be able to share what I'm making with my Mum in Australia. I set myself the goal of posting every day for a year (I missed a couple)...hoping that maybe a few people might stop by and say "G'day"! Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined how my first year of blogging would actually turn out. In the past year I've had over 32,000 blog hits, 79 followers, 1000's of wonderful comments and have developed friendships with people all over the world. I have learnt lots of new words like Blog Candy, Blog Hop, Blogoversary and I've discovered lots of fun challenges that have stretched me creatively. I've enjoyed visiting lots of wonderful blogs and have donated over 500 cards around the world. Who knows what this next year will bring?

Today, I have two cards to share...the first is for a "Tangled Up in Creativity" challenge hosted by Danie over at D-Dazzled Designs. In honour of Australia Day she challenged us to make a card in Aussie colours...green and gold and only use cardstock....no papers, no ribbon, no bling etc....only stamping.

I decided to make a card for Australia Day...I coloured the gumleaf stamp with SU markers before stamping the image and I stamped the gum blossoms in the background with versamark ink. I used my Justright stamps to make the Happy Australia Day stamp.

My next card is for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge...to make a vintage style card. This was a challenge for me as I don't really make vintage style cards and I'm not sure if this one is vintage enough but I like how it turned out!


To celebrate Australia Day, my anniversary and all your wonderful comments over the last year I will select one random comment from today's post to win an Ippity stamp set of your choice! I will announce the winner tomorrow!


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi!


Supplies:-
Stamps - Print Blocks Australia, Just Right Stamper, Unity KOTM July 2010 and Delight in Life by SU
Gina K Luxury Cardstock
PTI white cardstock
SU ink
SU markers
Colour Box Chalk
SU coloured cardstock
SU circle punches
Versamark ink
Bazzil textured cardstock
Fiskar paper edgers
Lace
Ribbon
Ribbon roses
SU pearls
Foam dots

11 comments:

  1. Happy Australia Day and happy anniversary to you! Love coming to your blog and seeing your wonderful creations. Each and everyone just lovely including today's! Keep up the wonderful work and look forward to visiting each day for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. What lovely memories you are creating and I bet your Mum proudly checks your blog every chance she gets.
    Of course I love your Aussie card with wonderful Aussie gum leaves - although I believe they grow very well in California too!
    The sentiment on your second card is so true Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day! Both of your cards are just lovely. I like the clean and simple style that you used on the first one, and your vintage card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Australia Day! Both of these are gorgeous. Wonderful colors and coloring on the first one.
    Can you imagine a whole year has past, time is moving quickly, I so have enjoyed all of your wonderful creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are amazing! Love the Aussie card!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A card a day is quite a feat when they are as beautiful and detailed as yours are. These are both great especially the stitching detail on the vintage one. You have a wonderful style and your blog is always a source of inspiration. Keep up the great work Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful cards! Happy Australia Day and Blogaversary. I really enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful cards! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a great first year! What a special way to keep in touch with Mum and I bet she loves it too!!! Love both cards... great work!!!Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Extra Special HAPPY Day to You Christy.....Happy Australia Day, & Happy Blogevesary. I hope you are enjoying those lamingtons lol. You have marked the occassion with two wonderful cards and I thank you so much for playing along with my Challenge and creating such a beautiful Australian themed Card for this. Those gum leafs are stunning. I really love the pretty vintage feel of your second challenge card aswell. I so look forward to spending another year visiting your blog, admiring and being inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your one-year anniversary, Christy!! I have enjoyed each and every one of your gorgeous creations day after day!!

    Your Happy Australia Day is a remarkable beauty!! What exquisite work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Christi - Happy Australia Day to you too! I hope you had a great one!! I lve your vintage card - it is perfect for this weeks challenge Love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! We appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete