Sunday, August 1, 2010

Black and White with a hint of Green

I made today's cards for the The Play Date Cafe colour splash challenge this week. The Colour Splash challenge is Black & White with a hint of colour. This week's colour is green...any shade is fine! I very rarely reach for green so I thought this would be a good challenge for me. I love black and white cards and I sprinkled on a few rhinestones for a little sparkle on this fairy card....

...but I just wasn't happy with it! I love this PSX stamp but in my head I could picture it with pinks and purples...some ribbon perhaps and even some glitter. I just don't like it in black, white and green so I went back to the drawing board....actually my craft table and made a completely different card for this challenge!

Supplies:-
Stamp - PSX, The More the Merrier and Bitty Birthday by SU
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance
SU markers
SU coloured cardstock
SU rhinestones
DP - Current
Ribbon
Brad
SU tag punch

12 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! What a great color combo. I like your first card in green, it makes me think of woodland fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I too love the first one, it is so pretty and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of the cards. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful! Love the first magical one with the fairy dust. :) The cupcakes are a sweet design and card! Thanks for playing at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Cards are Beautiful Christy, I love green and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both cards are adorable! Love the green with the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the green, white, and black color combo! What wonderful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lovely cards but the cupcake one is my fave :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely, great use of this weeks color story! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! both cards are beautiful! I just love that second one--probably because a bday is coming soon:) LOOOOOOVE it! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are awesome! You should also enter them in Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Black and White" challenge! You could win a $10 gift certificate!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete