Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Card for the Fall

I grew up in Australia and I never really experienced the Fall (we actually call it Autumn in Australia) until moving to New Hampshire. Wow, what a spectacular time of year! The colours here are absolutely amazing and although it's lots of work picking up all the leaves and pine needles I really don't mind. I love the crackle underfoot, the wonderful smell and of course all the beautiful, changing colours.

This week's OWH Stars and Stamps midweek throwdown challenge is to make a fall themed, any occasion card with no sentiment on the front. I used a stamp from the new Ippity set So This is Love and airbrushed it with my Copics.

Supplies:-
Stamps - So This Is Love by Ippity
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance ink
Copics
SU coloured cardstock
SU DSP
Paper flowers
Nestabilities
Button
Embroidery thread

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and dramatic card, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! Very striking in design and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fantastic!!! I just love Fall...I mean Autumn. It is truly my most favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy this is absolutely gorgeous! I understand about not understanding fall, I live in Arizona we don't have fall either and I vaguely remember it from being a child. I do love the colors though! Thanks for playing along with us at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning combination of orange and black....I love the dramatic effect of these colours and the bare tree stems create on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous air-brushed background for your wonderful trees!! A sensational creation, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gotta love so many of the seasons you have now!! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete