Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our Legacy in Life...

This week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge was set by Rebekka and she challenged us to create a card featuring birds of any kind. If you have a moment click on over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog and read Rebekka's thoughts on one of my favourite bible verses...Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint."

For my card with birds I chose to use this lovely stamp from Stamps Happen. It reminds me of the beautiful beaches I grew up on in northern NSW in Australia and especially the Byron Bay lighthouse which is Australia's most easterly point.

I stamped it once onto the Kraft card base and then once onto white cardstock. I coloured it with my Stampin' Up markers and an Aquapainter and then cut out the scene and birds and glued them to the base.

The card reads...Our legacy in life we cannot retrieve ~ Our mark is surely made...By the footprints that we leave.

Supplies:-
Stamp - Our Legacy by Stamps Happen
PTI white cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
Brilliance ink
SU markers
Aquapainter

9 comments:

  1. Christy I love this image and card, so beautiful and quite.. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters In Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a lovely scene, so peaceful, I love the beach. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! I love it all - just can't pinpoint one thing to compliment when it is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! This card is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card. I'm partial to lighthouses - LOL! I make cards for OWH and I am always looking for masculine images. I will have to see if I can locate this stamp online. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I love it! What a wonderful scene! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card with an air of peace about it. Wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this awesome seaside beauty, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete