Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My heart trusts in Him

This week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge is to make something that represents what could be your life verse, a place where God has revealed to you that you can trust in Him, something representing a turning point in your life, or just focusing on Psalm 56:3..."When I am afraid, I will trust in THEE."

Cindy Coutts is this week's host and she courageously shared why Psalm 56:3 has special meaning to her. Her story resonated with me and brought back lots of memories of my big move to America five years ago. It was a very scary time for me and for the first time in my life I learnt what it truly meant to "trust in Him". This helped me tremendously over the last five years and although I may not always understand God's plan for my life I know He has one and that makes me joyful and gives me reason to give thanks...hence the choice of verse for my card today..."The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in Song." Psalm 28:7

Supplies:-
Stamps - Something Within by Unity and Music of My Heart by Ippity
PTI white cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
SU ink
ColorBox Chalk
SU button
SU ribbon
Lace
DP unknown

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely inspirational! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just too creative..I love this and the design paper is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Christy. The sentiment is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Christy. One of my favourite verses too :o)

    ps I've posted a project using my new stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that heart leaping for joy, it is beautiful! And the flower embellishment too, great touch! Beautiful verse and we are so glad you found the courage to move here, we're the richer for it. Although we could be sisters in Christ within any country, right? Thanks for coming alongside us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christy - this is so pretty - I love your heart and that delish flower! What a blessing your sharing is Christy - both from the heart and your art! Love it! We love having you play along with the Stampin' Sister in Christ Challenge!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete