Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sorry, no card today...

I thought I would take a break today from showing my cards and show you a bag I made recently with a dear friend. When I lived in Australia I would meet every Wednesday with this friend and we would make things...mainly quilts but we also made jewellery and bags and lots of other things.

When I moved five years ago I really missed those Wednesdays, not just for all the great things we created but for the lovely friendship that we made. Since then, my friend has moved to America too and although we do not live close enough to get together every Wednesday we do keep in touch and a few weeks ago she came for a short stay so I dusted off my sewing machines which haven't seen fabric in a while...only cards...and we each made a bag.

You may not be able to see it in the photo but hanging off the button on the right is a little cluster of wooden beads on a leather cord...all made out of Australian timbers as a lovely reminder of our time together.

6 comments:

  1. Christy~ this is a great post and you don't need to show a card to give others inspiration! I love that bag and am so jealous of not only the bag, but the friendship too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy this is a lovely bag, what fond memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bag! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bag! I love the idea of getting together every Wednesday with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty bag! Sounds like a great friend to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!! What a delightful treasure to remind your friend of your crafting times together!! Gorgeous work, Christy!

    ReplyDelete