Thursday, March 18, 2010

You Simply Shine

I love the set "Shine On!" by Unity. The little lamps are just too cute and the sentiments are great too. I made this first card for a card swap last year and the next two cards just the other day. The lamps have been stamped onto white cardstock and then the lampshade was stamped again onto patterned paper. I cut out the patterned lampshade and used a foam dot to adhere it to the white lamp. It gives the lamp a little 3D look. Look how much I love the colour Rose Red from Stampin' Up!

I made these last two cards to experiment with airbrushing a light coming from the lamp. I cut a wedge shape from paper and masked the area I was airbrushing so it looks like the light is coming from the lamp. I thought it would go nicely with "You make my life bright" and "You light up my life".

Supplies:-
Stamps - Shine On! by Unity
PTI white cardstock
Brilliance Ink
Copic - Yo2
SU Rose Red ink
SU DSP
SU coloured cardstock
SU ribbon
Nestabilities Dies
Foam Dots
SU scallop border punch

5 comments:

  1. How absolutely precious, Christy! I love these adorable sayings with your lamps and that shining light is sensational!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love these lamps and how you used the dp to design them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, those are great. The airbrush technique turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, and the airbrushing is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light coming from the lamps is gorgeous! I love it - your work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete