Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Holy Communion

My neighbour's daughter is having her first Holy Communion in a couple of weeks and so I made this card for her...the inside of the card reads "May God bless you on your first Holy Communion". The Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog issued a colour challenge on Wednesday to make a card using your favourite colour. I love most colours but I think my most favourite is pink and I reach for it way too often! I actually have to make myself work with other colours sometimes or I think nearly every card I make would have pink on it! I know my neighbour's 8 year old daughter loves pink so this card was perfect for the challenge...any excuse to play with pink!

Supplies:- Stamps - What Matters Most by {Ippity}
PTI white cardstock
SU ink
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings
Half pearls
Ribbon
Foam Dots

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Christy, love pink myself and those pearls on the cross are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Perfect for a girls first Holy Communion too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious. I love all that pink - and the pearls just make it "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty. . . I LOVE those pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very special card for a very special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gonna love it, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful--what a wonderful way to commemorate this special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and the pearls fit perfectly! She will love this card!

    ReplyDelete