Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hanging by a Thread?

This week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge is to use the talents you have been given to create a card or project that is knit together (stitched - faux or real). The inspiration came from Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: I know that full well."

I love sewing on my cards...probably because I love to quilt and so I feel like I'm quilting and making cards at the same time! When I saw the thread spools and sentiments in last month's Unity KOTM I knew it would be perfect for this card!

The Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge was issued on Sunday and I was nearly finished with the card when I read on Monday that this week's {Ippity} challenge is also to use sewing (either machine or by hand) on a card/project with {Ippity} stamps. So, for this card I decided to try some hand sewing and embroidered some little red French Knots on the mistletoe.


Supplies:-
~Hanging by a Thread?~
Stamps - Unity KOTM
Gina K luxury cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
SU DSP
Sewing machine
SU ink
SU markers
Pinking shears

~Under the Mistletoe~
Stamps - Kissmas & Mistletoe by {Ippity}
SU markers
SU coloured cardstock
SU DSP
SU ribbon
Embroidery thread
SU scallop punch
Nestabilities dies

8 comments:

  1. Those french knots are amazing Christy!! I love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards, love the stitching on the first one, lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so cute! I also like stitching on cards and just never do it. Oh well....your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic cards! I really love how the paper on the first one looks like different stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Christy. You make such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to have been MIA...Oh how I have missed your amazing creations...things are finally settling down so your card is perfect for me right now...I am hanging by a thread!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christy - your cards are gorgeous and I love the special touches you add. Yous SSIC card is perfect - that image is great and your sewing looks fabulous! I am loving this! We are glad you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we would love to see you again next week!! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christy!! I love your cards, especially the one with the thread and sewing. Awesome take on the SSCC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete