Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Buttons

For this weekend's Memorial Weekend Blog Hop post please click HERE.

Last Tuesday's Trigger over at Moxie Fab World was to use Betsy Veldman's card below as inspiration for our own card.


Here's what her card inspired me to make...I love buttons and thought this was a perfect design to show them off! It was about 10 years ago when I was busy quilting that I discovered how much I liked buttons...not just using them but collecting them! Who knew my collection would come in so handy years later? I love using buttons on my cards...they are great by themselves, threaded with cotton or even tied with a ribbon! They go perfectly with ribbons, fabric or lace and can easily be matched to different papers. I love adding texture to my cards and buttons are a great way to do it! I store my buttons mostly according to colour so it was easy to find lots of different purple buttons for this monochromatic card.

Supplies:- Stamp - Happy Birthday Cursive by Savvy Stamps
SU coloured cardstock
Bazzil textured cardstock
Assorted scrap paper
Buttons
CM corner punch
Scallop square punch
SU ink
Nestabilities

8 comments:

  1. Excellent! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute buttons! What a great way to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulicious.. Love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are both soooo adorable, great cards...have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!! I love them both. Wonderful layouts, colors, and everything else. Love all those fabulous buttons.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW!!! Love them! I have such a hard time parting with my buttons but I may have to try making a couple of cards like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Christy! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are co mpletely worthy of being put into a shadow box framed and admired for along time to come! wow!

    ReplyDelete