Thursday, April 29, 2010

3-D Flower Challenge

This week's {Ippity} challenge is to make a card/project with a 3-D flower...preferably handmade and not store bought. I have been wanting to make flowers with my silk ribbon for ages so this was the perfect opportunity to give them a go! I have also been wanting to make some baby cards with the {Ippity} set Moon Beam & Heart Strings so I chose a pastel pink silk ribbon and decided to make a baby girl card. I use 12" of 1 1/4" ribbon for these ribbon flowers. I stitch a running stitch all the way along the long edge of the ribbon and gather the ribbon tightly and stitch the two ends together. I used a brad here for the centre but you could also use a button, a bead or a pearl.

No sooner had I finished the card above when my phone rang and it was my husband at work asking me to make a card for his co-worker who had just had a baby. I replied "sure I just made a baby card this morning...did they have a boy or a girl?" They had a lovely baby boy so it was back to the craft room for me to make another card...and here it is!
Supplies:-
Stamps - Moon Beam & Heart Strings by {Ippity}
PTI white cardstock
SU ink
SU markers
Silk ribbon
SU ribbon
Lace
SU coloured cardstock
SU DSP
Basic Grey brads
CM corner rounder
SU Dazzling Diamonds
Nestabilities

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, love the colors and the ribbon flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous silk blossoms!! So perfect for this sweet, sweet card!!

    Great design with the stripes for the baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet cards. Love the soft effect of the ribbon flowers!-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are darling......love those ribbon flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - these are both too cute! I love the flowers - I have never made them with ribbon. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete