Saturday, April 17, 2010

Eyelets, Ribbon, Paper...Oh, My! Challenge #2

Time flies and Lynn over at Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper has issued Challenge #2 for members of Eyelets, Ribbon, Paper...Oh, My! Our challenge this week is to look through our patterned ribbons and select one to use as the inspiration for the design of our card. For those of you who know me, you know I love ribbon...it's my favourite thing to use on my cards and I have a nice stash of ribbons. I do, however, buy mostly plain ribbon and not so much patterned because I use lots of patterned papers and I find the plain ribbon works better. I do own a few patterned ribbons...I just haven't used them too much so this was a nice challenge to dig them out and use them!

I love the combination of pink and brown and when I came across these ribbons by American Crafts I couldn't choose just one so I made the background with all of them....I hope that doesn't mean I fail the challenge!

Supplies:- Stamps - Because of You and Just Wanted to Say by Ippity
PTI white cardstock
SU coloured cardstock
SU ink
American Crafts ribbon
SU markers
Prismacolor Pencil
Foam Dots
SU button
Sewing machine
Brad

8 comments:

  1. Perfect!!!! And what a cute way to use up some of that ribbon. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous..I love this flower, what an awesome job on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy.....this is just fabulous!! You've got my vote so far. LOVE IT!! Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background of ribbons and the flower brings it all together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! The stamp is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely have my note as well...I adore this card...your right about the colors...reminds me of ice cream.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just arrived back into town and found your sensational entry in the ERPMO challnege!! What a wonderful ribbon background!! I love this fabulous design, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete